Personal Account Opening in Latvia
Personal bank account with full internet-banking facilities and personal debit or credit card with Rietumu Bank in Latvia. Rietumu Bank is one of the largest bank in the Baltic States, well represented on the global market and provides a wide range of services (including multicurrency accounts and premium cards) to clients from the EU, Russia and CIS countries.
Pre Paid Card
Find Out if you are Pre-Approved
FACTS & INFO
REQUIREMENTS FOR PERSONAL ACCOUNT SET UP WITH RIETUMU BANK
- It is highly preferable to visit the bank personally for identification purposes. The meeting can be arranged in the bank's head office in Latvia or any of their representative offices in Russia, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Ukraine, Romania and Israel. The bank may also arrange a meeting in other countries.
- No minimum balance requirements, however a minimum balance of EUR 10,000 is recommended.
- Account opening fee of EUR 250.
- Account opening timeframe. The account will be activated within 7 - 10 business days, upon receipt by the bank of all duly completed forms and relevant information.
REQUIREMENTS FOR OPENING AN INDIVIDUAL BANK ACCOUNT
- Notarized copy of valid passport. The passport must be signed and signature must match the signature on the application form. The photograph must be clear and of good quality.
- Original or notarized copy of utility bill / bank statement dated within 3 months as verification of residential address.
- Original or notarized copy of Banker's reference letter dated within 3 months.
- Personal CV
- Documents that are not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
- U.S. citizens or residents are accepted for account opening.
Shipping of corporate documents or banking kits to your destination requires an extra charge and will be automatically added to your order during checkout. Shipping costs for international courier services are set automatically depending on geographic zones.
About the Bank
Rietumu Bank is one of the largest banks in the Baltic States, specialising in corporate banking and affluent individual banking. The Bank is well represented in the global market, providing services to customers all over Europe, the Baltic States, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, and other regions.
Rietumu Bank is one of the first private banks in Latvia, with over 20 years of operation in the Baltic States, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, and numerous European markets.
It has representative offices in France, Russia, Romania, Ukraine, Belarus and Kazakhstan and financial leasing services in Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus.
WHAT RIETUMU BANK OFFERS:
- Full range of banking services.
- Multicurrency accounts
- Multilingual customer support
- iRietumu - modern internet-bank in English, Russian and French
- MasterCard/Visa Business, World Elite, Gold and Platinum.
- Standard payments in all major world currencies are processed on the same day (T+0) without additional commission.
- International express payments in EUR and USD in one business hour.
- Wide net of correspondent banks.
- Payments in more than 90 different currencies.
- Immediate currency exchange.
- Special exchange rates for amounts exceeding EUR 5,000.
- Hedging of currency risk (Fwd/Swap/Order).
- Favourable fees for loyal clients.
- App for iPhone, iPod & iPad
- E-commerce services (merchant account)
- Asset management
- Investment funds
- Financial market instruments
- Advisory services & support in obtaining a residence permit in Latvia
- The approximate timeframe for account allocation from 7 to 10 business days receipt of the original documents by the bank.
BANK TARIFFS AND CHARGES
Rietumu Bank can be considered as a medium-cost bank with respect to incoming/outgoing payments and account maintenance. The incoming payment charge is nil and the outgoing payment charges vary from EUR 2-EUR 85, depending on the currency and how the transfer is made. The account maintenance fee for a personal account is nil.
PLEASE NOTE that bank tariffs may be changed anytime at the sole discretion of the bank, we therefore suggest to contact us or visit the bank’s website for updated details on specific fees and charges.
STARTING BUSINESS professional service fee for the assistance of bank account opening does not include any bank charges and commissions, account maintenance fees, transaction fees, initial deposit or minimum balance.