Personal Account Opening in Poland
Based in Warsaw, Pekao Bank offers a full range of banking services, including multi-currency personal and corporate accounts with internet banking facilities.
It is one of the largest financial institutions in Central and Eastern Europe.
Pre Paid Card
Find Out If You Are Pre-Approved
FACTS & INFO
REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCOUNT SETUP:
- Personal meeting with the bank.
- No initial deposit or minimum balance requirements.
- Your personal documentation must be translated into Polish and duly certified. Starting Business can assist you with translation services in Poland with further dispatch of the documents to the bank.
- The account will be activated within 5-7 business days (upon receipt by the bank of all duly completed forms and a face-to-face meeting).
- Notarized copy of a valid passport. The passport must be signed and the signature must match the signature in the application form. The photograph must be clear and of good quality.
- Original or notarized copy of a utility bill / bank statement dated within 3 months as verification of residential address.
- Original or notarized copy of a bank reference letter, dated within 3 months.
- Power of attorney (where applicable).
- Personal CV.
- Documents that are not in Polish must be accompanied by a certified translation.
Shipping of corporate documents or banking kits to your destination requires an extra charge and will be automatically added to your order during checkout. Shipping costs for international courier services are set automatically depending on geographic zones.
About the Bank
Bank Pekao SA is a former member of the UniCredit Group and one of the largest financial institutions in Central and Eastern Europe. The bank has a significant network, with over 1,000 branches and 5,000 ATMs in Poland alone, and approximately 20,000 across 17 European countries.
It has won many prestigious awards and distinctions, both in Poland and internationally: Global Finance Magazine has awarded it the Best Private Bank in Poland on four occasions (most recently in 2019), as well as the best Investment Bank in Poland for 2018 and 2017. Meanwhile, Global Banking and Finance Review named it the Best Corporate Bank in Poland in 2018 and 2019. It has also won awards for Best Mobile Banking (2014) by Money.pl, Best Bank in Poland in the Scope of Transaction Banking Services by Euromoney Magazine, and Bank of the Year in CEE (2013) by Europe Property.
As a commercial bank it offers services to both individual and corporate clients, including: retail banking, private banking, corporate and Investment banking, investments in debt securities and other instruments, assets, and liabilities management.
WHAT PEKAO BANK OFFERS:
- Full range of banking services.
- Current accounts in all major currencies.
- Corporate and personal accounts.
- Private banking.
- Internet banking.
- Mobile banking.
- Phone top-ups.
- Cash management.
- Trade finance.
- MasterCard credit/debit cards.
- Customer support in Polish and English.
- Account allocation timeframe of 5 to 7 business days (upon receipt of the original documents by the bank and a face-to-face meeting).
BANK TARIFFS AND CHARGES
The bank's tariffs and charges depend on the package chosen. Generally, however, Pekao Bank can be considered a low-cost bank with respect to account maintenance and bank transfer fees. Payments in the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) are charged at a minimum zł5 and maximum zł15.
PLEASE NOTE: Bank tariffs may be changed anytime at the sole discretion of the bank. Therefore, we suggest that you contact us or visit the bank’s website for updated details on specific fees and charges.
The Starting Business professional service fee for the assistance of bank account opening does not include any bank charges and commissions, account maintenance fees, transaction fees, initial deposit, or minimum balance.