Personal Account Opening in the United Arab Emirates
Based in Dubai, Emirates NBD provides international personal bank accounts with full internet banking facilities and a debit/credit Visa or MasterCard. It is widely regarded as the leading bank in the UAE, and offers a wide range of banking solutions that are suitable for your personal needs.
Pre Paid Card
Find Out If You Are Pre-Approved
FACTS & INFO
REQUIREMENTS FOR PERSONAL ACCOUNT SET UP WITH EMIRATES NBD BANK:
- The client’s personal attendance will be required in one of the branches.
- The initial deposit and the minimum balance requirements are AED100,000 or US$27,400 per month.
- The account will be activated within 2-3 business days (upon receipt by the bank of all duly completed forms, personal documentation, and a face-to-face meeting).
- Notarized copy of a valid passport. The passport must be signed and the signature must match the signature in the application form. The photograph must be clear and of good quality.
- Original or notarized copy of a utility bill / bank statement dated within 3 months as verification of residential address.
- Original or notarized copy of a bank reference letter, dated within 3 months.
- Power of attorney (where applicable).
- Personal CV.
- Copy of valid visit visa.
- Documents that are not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
- If you have entered the UAE using an e-gate card, ensure it is valid and a copy is obtained for bank records.
Shipping of corporate documents or banking kits to your destination requires an extra charge and will be automatically added to your order during checkout. Shipping costs for international courier services are set automatically depending on geographic zones.
About the Bank
Emirates NBD is one of the largest financial institutions (by asset size) in the Middle East, and the flagship bank for the Dubai government. Emirates NBD has the largest branch network in the UAE, with representative offices and branches in Egypt, Jersey, China, India, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Singapore, and the UK.
Emirates NBD provides fully fledged financial services across retail banking, private banking, wholesale banking, global markets and trading, investment banking, brokerage, asset management, merchant acquiring and cards processing.
Moody’s long term credit rating is Baa1; Fitch: A+; Capital Intelligence: A.
WHAT EMIRATES NBD BANK OFFERS:
- Accounts in all major currencies.
- Savings accounts.
- Current accounts.
- Fixed deposit accounts.
- Full range of banking services.
- Wide range of debit/credit Visa and MasterCard products.
- Private banking.
- Tax and wealth management.
- Cash management.
- Trade finance.
- Online banking.
- Customer support in Arabic, French and English.
- account allocation timeframe of 2 to 3 business days (upon receipt of the original documents by the bank and your face-to-face meeting).
BANK TARIFFS AND CHARGES
Bank's tariffs and charges depend on the package chosen. Generally, however, Emirates NBD can be considered a medium-cost bank with respect to account maintenance and bank transfer fees. Minimum monthly average relationship balances have to be maintained to enjoy the respective package privileges, failing which the bank has the right to downgrade the relationship. The fee for non-maintenance of balance will be charged if the monthly average relationship balance falls below AED3,000.
Inward remittances are free of charge and foreign currency remittances are between AED70 and AED75.
PLEASE NOTE: Bank tariffs may be changed anytime at the sole discretion of the bank. Therefore, we suggest that you contact us or visit the bank’s website for updated details on specific fees and charges.
The Starting Business professional service fee for the assistance of bank account opening does not include any bank charges and commissions, account maintenance fees, transaction fees, initial deposit, or minimum balance.