Personal Account Opening in Switzerland
CIM Bank provides international personal bank accounts with full internet banking, as well as debit or prepaid cards for managing your daily banking needs and saving purposes.
It offers multi-currency bank accounts that enable access to all your banking operations, international transfers, credit cards and online trading.
Pre Paid Card
Find Out If You Are Pre-Approved
FACTS & INFO
- Documents that are not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
- US and Canadian companies or citizens are not accepted for account opening.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCOUNT SETUP:
- A personal visit to the bank is not required. However, a face-to-face meeting via webcam must be arranged after initial pre-approval of the account.
- A minimum initial deposit of US$5,000.
- A minimum remaining account balance of US$1,000.
- The account will be activated within 7-10 business days (upon receipt by the bank of all duly completed forms and relevant information).
- Notarized copy of a valid passport. The passport must be signed and the signature must match the signature in the application form. The photograph must be clear and of good quality.
- Original or notarized copy of a utility bill / bank statement dated within 3 months as verification of residential address.
- Original or notarized copy of a bank reference letter, dated within 3 months.
- Power of attorney (where applicable).
- Personal CV.
Shipping of corporate documents or banking kits to your destination requires an extra charge and will be automatically added to your order during checkout. Shipping costs for international courier services are set automatically depending on geographic zones.
About the Bank
CIM Bank was founded in 1990 and provides traditional Swiss private banking services for private and corporate clients. The bank is located in Geneva, Lugano and Wollerau. CIM Bank is regulated by the Swiss Financial Market Authority (FINMA) and is a member of the Swiss Bankers Association (SBA) and SIX Swiss Exchange. In 2012, CIM Bank acquired the Croatian bank Primorska.
CIM Bank has been repeatedly recognised by Deutsche Bank for the excellent quality of its SWIFT payments (Euros and Dollars).
WHAT CIM BANK OFFERS:
- Corporate and personal multi-currency accounts.
- International transfers
- Commercial bank accounts for performing business activities of any type and size.
- Advisory and mandate portfolio management.
- E-banking with facilities of international online transfers and payments.
- Lombard loans.
- Online trading: futures, options and stock trading, and Forex.
- Credit and prepaid Visa and MasterCards (including Swissbankers TravelCash, Gold, Silver, Visa Platinum, American Express, and business cards).
The approximate timeframe for account allocation is 7 to 10 business days from receipt of the original documents by the bank.
BANK TARIFFS AND CHARGES
CIM Bank can be considered a medium-cost bank with respect to account maintenance and bank transfer fees. The fee for incoming funds depends on the transaction amount and varies from CHF15 up to CHF550. The commission for incoming payments greater than CHF1.5m is 0.035% of the transaction amount.
The bank fees for outgoing payments sent via the e-banking system range from between CHF3.50 and CHF450. For outgoing payments greater than CHF1 million, the bank will charge 0.025% of the transaction amount.
The personal account maintenance fee is CHF90 per quarter.
PLEASE NOTE: Bank tariffs may be changed anytime at the sole discretion of the bank. Therefore, we suggest that you contact us or visit the bank’s website for updated details on specific fees and charges.
The Starting Business professional service fee for the assistance of bank account opening does not include any bank charges and commissions, account maintenance fees, transaction fees, initial deposit, or minimum balance.