Personal Account Opening in Mauritius
Bank One in Mauritius provides an array of banking services and products catered towards individuals and international customers, including multi-currency accounts, cross-border payments, and escrow services. Offers the security of a stable and reputable jurisdiction.
Pre Paid Card
Find Out If You Are Pre-Approved
FACTS & INFO
REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCOUNT SETUP:
- Personal presence is not required at the bank, although a Skype interview is mandatory for identification purposes. Applicants from the following countries will be required to visit the bank in person, however: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ecuador, Egypt, Georgia, Guatemala, Guyana, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Korea DPR, Kuwait, Moldova, Myanmar (Burma), Namibia, Nauru, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Panama, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Yemen, and Zimbabwe.
- The initial deposit is $25,000.
- The minimum balance is $10,000.
- The account will be activated within 3-7 business days (upon receipt by the bank of all duly completed forms and relevant information).
- Notarized copy of a valid passport. The passport must be signed and the signature must match the signature in the application form. The photograph must be clear and of good quality.
- Original or notarized copy of a utility bill / bank statement dated within 3 months as verification of residential address.
- Original or notarized copy of a bank reference letter, dated within 3 months.
- Power of attorney (where applicable).
- Personal CV.
Shipping of corporate documents or banking kits to your destination requires an extra charge and will be automatically added to your order during checkout. Shipping costs for international courier services are set automatically depending on geographic zones.
About the Bank
Bank One is a commercial bank based in Port Louis, Mauritius. The bank provides an array of banking services and products catered towards business entities, individuals and international customers. As well as basic banking services, Bank One offers treasury services, e-commerce acquiring, terms deposits and loan services.
Bank One is jointly owned by CIEL Finance Limited (Mauritius) and I&M Holdings Limited (Kenya). In 2009, Bank One was the first bank in Mauritius to offer the Visa Infinite credit card.
In 2015, it was awarded the Best Bank in E-commerce Business Risk Management by Visa.
WHAT BANK ONE OFFERS:
- Multi-currency call deposit accounts
- Term deposits in major currencies
- Internet banking
- Visa credit card and prepaid card facilities
- Treasury services
- Foreign exchange transactions
- Cross-border payments
- E-commerce acquiring services
- Escrow services
BANK TARIFFS AND CHARGES
Bank One can be considered a medium cost bank with respect to incoming/outgoing payments and e-banking fees. The fee for incoming payments is nil. For outgoing payments the bank charge is between US$30 and US$75. The fee for using e-banking facilities is nil for personal accounts.
PLEASE NOTE: Bank tariffs may be changed anytime at the sole discretion of the bank. Therefore, we suggest that you contact us or visit the bank’s website for updated details on specific fees and charges.
The Starting Business professional service fee for the assistance of bank account opening does not include any bank charges and commissions, account maintenance fees, transaction fees, initial deposit, or minimum balance.