Facts & Info for Special Offer Company Formation & Bank Account:
Corporate InformationLEGAL FORM
In December 1994 Seychelles enacted legislation enabling the registration of International Business Companies (IBC’s), International Trusts and the licensing of International (free) Trade Zone Companies. IBC’s in Seychelles are formed under the International Business Companies Act 1994 and can take the form of private companies limited by shares, companies limited by guarantee, or hybrid companies, or they can be unlimited, but that type is rarely used. Public companies can also be formed under the Act. Foreign companies can re-establish themselves in the Seychelles by way of continuation without the necessity for reciprocal arrangements in the original country of incorporation. An IBC wishing to leave the Seychelles may do so.
In 2003, the government legislated for additional types of company: Special License Companies, Protected Cell Companies and Limited Partnerships. Seychelles companies are based on English Common Law and French Civil Law. The International Business Company is the most widely used vehicle for offshore operations in the Seychelles; it normally takes the form of a private company limited by shares, but can also be a Limited Life Company. Seychelles IBC’s cannot trade within Seychelles or own real estate there. It cannot undertake the business of banking, insurance, assurance, reinsurance, fund management, asset management (other than the company’s own assets) or any other activity that would suggest an association with the banking and insurance industries without special license. A Seychelles IBC cannot provide registered office facilities in the Seychelles, or sell its shares to the public.
Seychelles companies’ names must end with one of the following words: Limited, Corporation, Incorporated, Société Anonyme or their abbreviations. A wide variety of other suffixes such as BV, GmbH, and SARL may also be used. The following names to be used require licensing and/or restricted: Bank, Insurance, Assurance, Re-Insurance, Trusts, Trustee, Savings, Royal, Asset Management, Funds, Foundation, Building Society, Municipal, Chartered, Finance, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Leasing, Lease, Forex, Broker, Brokerage, Gaming. Names denoting any connection to local, state or national governments are generally prohibited. The name can be in any language, but must be accompanied by a translation in English or French.
MEMORANDUM AND ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION
A company is incorporated in Seychelles by application made to the Registrar of Companies. Memorandum and Articles of Association must be lodged with the Registrar along with relevant fees. Memorandum specifies the activities in which the company may engage and Articles of Association specify the rules governing the internal management of the company.
A minimum of one shareholder is required which may be a physical person or a body corporate. Details of company shareholders are not part of the public record.
There is no specific minimum capital requirement. The standard authorized share capital is US$ 100,000. The minimum issued capital may be one share of no par value or one share of par value. Registered shares, shares of no par value, preference shares, redeemable shares and shares with or without voting rights are permitted. As from 1st of January 2014, IBCs are no longer permitted to issue bearer shares.
The minimum number of directors is one, who may be a physical person or a body corporate. A director may be of any nationality and need not be resident in the Seychelles. Details of the company directors are not part of the public record.
REGISTERED OFFICE AND LOCAL AGENT OR SECRETARY
Registered Office must be maintained in the Seychelles at the office of a licensed Registered Agent. A Seychelles IBC need not appoint a company secretary, although it is customary to do so. The secretary may be a natural person or body corporate, be of any nationality and need not be resident in Seychelles.
The directors and the shareholders meetings need not be held in Seychelles also there is no requirement for an Annual General Meeting. All meetings may be held outside Seychelles, by telephone or other electronic means. Alternatively, directors and shareholders may vote by proxy.
It normally takes 1 business day to have an IBC incorporated and registered.
RECURRING AND MAINTENANCE FEE AS FROM 2ND YEAR - $590
- Provision of registered office/registered address
- Provision of registered agent/company secretary
- Payment of annual government fee
ABOUT BANK ONE
Bank One is a commercial bank based in Port Louis, Mauritius. The bank provides an array of banking services and products catered towards business entities, individuals and international customers. As well as basic banking services, Bank One offers treasury services, eCommerce acquiring, terms deposits and loan services.
Bank One is jointly owned by CIEL Finance Limited (Mauritius) and I&M Holdings Limited (Kenya). In 2009 Bank One was the first bank in Mauritius to offer the Visa Infinite Credit Card.
Bank One was awarded the 'Best Bank in e-commerce business risk management' of 2014-2015 by VISA.
Bank One can be considered a medium cost bank with respect to incoming/outgoing payments and e-banking fees. The fee for incoming payments is Nil. For outgoing payments the bank charge between USD 30-75. The fee for using e-banking facilities is nil for personal accounts. For corporate accounts, the e-banking fee is USD 9 per month for just viewing purposes and USD 18 for viewing and transaction purposes.
- PLEASE NOTE: The bank tariffs may change at anytime at the sole discretion of the bank, we therefore suggest to contact us or visit the bank’s website for updated details on specific fees and charges.
- The STARTING BUSINESS professional service fee for the assistance of bank account opening does not include any bank charges and commissions, account maintenance fees, transaction fees, initial deposit or minimum balance.
TaxationFINANCIAL STATEMENTS AND AUDIT
Whilst there is no requirement to file audited financial statements or annual returns with local authorities, a Seychelles IBC is required to keep financial records, which should reflect the financial position of the company. As per International Business Companies Act, amended in 2012, all IBC’s are required to maintain their accounting records. Unless such records are kept at the registered office of the Company, the director must notify the registered agent in writing of the place in which account records shall be kept (it may be in or outside Seychelles). Accounting records shall be maintained for a period of 7 years (from the completion of the transactions). “Accounting records” is defined as “documents relating to assets and liabilities of the company including receipts and expenditure, sales and purchases and other transactions”.
A Seychelles IBC, by definition of the law, is not subject to any tax or duty on income or profits. It is also exempt from stamp duties on transfer of property and any exchange controls.
Our Services & RequirementsOUR SERVICES FOR THE COMPANY FORMATION IN SEYCHELLES INCLUDE:
- Name check and approval
- Filling the incorporation documents with the Registrar of Companies
- A standard set of original corporate documents
- Payment of the Government fee
- Provision of registered agent and registered address for one year
- Provision of company secretary for one year
- Rubber stamp
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE COMPANY FORMATION
Please provide the following documents for all Directors, Shareholders, Beneficial Owners, Authorized Signatories:
- Notarized copy of valid passport.
- Original or Certified copy of utility bill / bank statement (as verification of residential address, dated within 3 months).
- Original or certified copy of Banker’s reference letter (dated within 3 months).
- In cases where shareholders and/or directors are corporate bodies, full apostilled set of corporate documents and Certificate of Good Standing (for companies registered more than 1 year).
REQUIREMENTS FOR CORPORATE ACCOUNT SET UP WITH BANK ONE
- Personal presence is NOT required
- The initial deposit and minimum balance is $10,000.
- U.S. companies or citizens are accepted for account opening.
- Account opening timeframe. The account will be activated within 3 - 5 business days, upon receipt by the bank of all duly completed forms and relevant information.
For the Company:
A set of legalized company documents consisting of:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Associations
- Documents confirming the appointment of company directors and secretary (if any)
- document confirming the location of the registered office
- Share Certificate(s)
- Certificate of Good Standing if the company is more than 12 months old
- Copy of the Corporate Structure, identifying the ultimate beneficial owner(s)
- Valid License (if applicable)
For each director, shareholder, secretary, authorised signatory and ultimate beneficial owner:
- Notarized copy of valid passport.
The passport must be signed and signature must match the signature in the application form. The photograph must be clear and of good quality.
- Original or notarized copy of utility bill / bank statement dated within 3 months as verification of residential address.
- Original or notarized copy of Banker's reference letter, dated within 3 months
- Power of Attorney (where applicable)
- Personal CV
For each corporate officer (Where the company directors or shareholders are legal entities), please provide:
A set of legalized company documents consisting of:
- Copy of constitutional documents (Certificate of Incorporation, Articles, etc.).
- Copy of Corporate Register (which shall include Register of Shareholders, Directors and Secretary).
- Copy of the Corporate Structure.
- Certificate of Good Standing.
Documents that are not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
Once all documentation is available please email electronic copies to our representative for review; incomplete or unexecuted forms can create delays in the account opening process.
IMPORTANT NOTE: LICENSABLE BUSINESS ACTIVITIES
If you conduct any activity without required license or authorization granted by a relevant authority in any jurisdiction, STARTING BUSINESS will not be able to assist you with the company formation or bank account opening related to such unlicensed activity.
Licensable activities include, but not limited to: provision of financial services involving trading/brokerage in foreign exchange, financial and commodity-based derivative instruments and other securities; offering investment advice to public; insurance and banking business; operation and administration of collective investment schemes and mutual funds; payment processing services; money exchange, money transmission or money brokering; asset management; safe custody services; gaming, gambling and lotteries.
Please contact us if you need our assistance in licensing of your financial, Forex brokerage or gambling company.
Shipping of corporate documents or banking kits to your destination requires an extra charge and will be automatically added to the invoice during checkout. Shipping costs for international courier services are set automatically and will be USD 130. Please be advised that there will be some exceptions where the fee might be higher.