Personal Account Opening in Liechtenstein
Based in Liechtenstein, Union Bank provides international personal bank accounts and wealth management services with internet banking facilities.
It is a private bank with an exclusive focus on clients from Russia and other CIS countries for international banking services.
Pre Paid Card
Find Out If You Are Pre-Approved
FACTS & INFO
REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCOUNT SETUP:
- Your personal presence is not required for account opening. However, it is necessary to meet with the bank following the account opening, either in Liechtenstein, Vienna or Moscow. If held in Liechtenstein, the meeting will need to be arranged within 6 months of the account opening, or within 3 months if arranged in Vienna or Moscow.
- No initial deposit required; however, it is advisable to deposit US$480 as an annual account maintenance fee.
- The minimum balance is €500,000 or equivalent.
- The account will be activated within 7-10 business days (upon receipt by the bank of all duly completed forms and relevant information).
- Notarized copy of a valid passport. The passport must be signed and the signature must match the signature in the application form. The photograph must be clear and of good quality.
- Original or notarized copy of a utility bill / bank statement dated within 3 months as verification of residential address.
- Original or notarized copy of a bank reference letter, dated within 3 months.
- Power of attorney (where applicable).
- Personal CV.
- Documents that are not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
- Once all documentation is available please email electronic copies to our representative for review; incomplete or unexecuted forms can create delays in the account opening process.
Shipping of corporate documents or banking kits to your destination requires an extra charge and will be automatically added to your order during checkout. Shipping costs for international courier services are set automatically depending on geographic zones.
About the Bank
Purchased in 2013 by a Liechtenstein Family Foundation, Union Bank has been focused on corporate and private banking services for CEE and CIS-based clients ever since.
Based in Liechtenstein, it is well-known for its financial stability (it received a AAA rating from Standard & Poor's in 2016) and its business friendly regulatory environment. The bank's staff is local and international, highly acquainted with Eastern European clients, and has a deep understanding of the bank target markets.
This combination of solid expertise in corporate banking and wealth management allows Union Bank to position itself as a premier Family Office for Entrepreneurs - with a bank licence.
WHAT UNION BANK OFFERS:
Private Banking and Wealth Management – Products and Services:
- Accounts for private persons in various currencies (note that USD accounts are not available).
- Various credit, debit, and prepaid cards (including Visa and MasterCard).
- E-banking (including payments).
- SWIFT confirmations available on demand.
- Accelerated payments in case of urgency.
- Placement of fiduciary deposits at third party banks.
- Lombard loans.
- Depository of shares, bonds and structured products.
- Metal accounts.
- Trading facilities for international securities.
- Investment advisory services.
- Discretionary asset management.
- Customer support in German, English, and Russian.
- 24 hour multi-lingual customer service center.
- Secure online banking with digipass.
- Visa or MasterCard debit cards.
- Account allocation timeframe of 7 to 10 business days (upon receipt of the original documents by the bank).
BANK TARIFFS AND CHARGES
Union Bank can be considered a medium-cost bank with respect to incoming/outgoing payments and account maintenance. Incoming payments are free of charge. Depending on the type of account, outgoing payments will vary from CHF0.50 to CHF30, and the account maintenance fee will vary from CHF0 to CHF40 per month.
PLEASE NOTE: Bank tariffs may be changed anytime at the sole discretion of the bank. Therefore, we suggest that you contact us or visit the bank’s website for updated details on specific fees and charges.
The Starting Business professional service fee for the assistance of bank account opening does not include any bank charges and commissions, account maintenance fees, transaction fees, initial deposit, or minimum balance.