Santander Bank (Jersey)
Personal Account Opening in Jersey
International personal bank account with full internet banking service and deferred-debit card with Santander Private Banking in Jersey for your investment or savings purposes. Santander Bank offers international banking and savings accounts mainly for UK Expats, UK and Jersey residents.
Pre Paid Card
Find Out If You Are Pre-Approved
FACTS & INFO
REQUIREMENTS FOR PERSONAL ACCOUNT SET UP WITH SANTANDER PRIVATE BANKING IN JERSEY:
- Personal presence is not required
- A minimum balance entry requirement of £75,000 or currency equivalent for US Dollars and Euros across bank's portfolio of products. The minimum balance amount can be spread across a range of accounts, subject to the minimum opening deposit for each account being met, and it must be maintained throughout the relationship with Santander Private Banking.
- The bank specialises in personal savings and current accounts for U.K expatriates or customers working and living overseas. You will need to advise the reason you require an offshore account with Santander in Jersey.
- Notarized copy of valid passport.
- The passport must be signed and signature must match the signature in the application form.
- The photograph must be clear and of good quality.
- Original or notarized copy of utility bill / bank statement dated within 3 months as verification of residential address.
- Original or notarized copy of Banker's reference letter dated within 3 months.
- Personal CV
- Documents that are not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
- Once all documentation is available please email electronic copies to our representative for review; incomplete or unexecuted forms can create delays in the account opening process.
Shipping of corporate documents or banking kits to your destination requires an extra charge and will be automatically added to your order during checkout. Shipping costs for international courier services are set automatically depending on geographic zones.
About the Bank
Santander Private Banking in Jersey is part of the Santander UK Plc, Jersey Branch, which operates in Europe, Latin America, and USA, and employs over 2,000 professionals with more than 120 branches, making it one of the largest private banks in the world.
The bank specialises in personal savings and current accounts for U.K expatriates or customers working and living overseas.
The bank was formerly known as Abbey International.
WHAT SANTANDER PRIVATE BANKING IN JERSEY OFFERS:
- International personal bank accounts
- Gold Bank Account with Visa deferred-debit card
- Call Account
- Instant Access Savings Account
- Notice Account
- Fixed Term Deposit Account
- Telephone Banking Services
- Full 24/7 Internet banking services
- Accounts in Euro, Sterling, US Dollar
- Euro, Sterling or US dollar Gold Visa deferred-debit card
- Customer support in English
- The bank currently able to provide banking facilities for American citizens.
- The approximate timeframe for account allocation is 5 to 7 days after the original documents have been received by the bank.
BANK TARIFFS AND CHARGES
Santander Bank can be considered as a medium-cost bank with respect to incoming/outgoing payments and account maintenance. Incoming electronic transfers are free of charge. The bank charges USD 40 for outgoing transfers made using internet banking and USD 60 for outgoing transfers made using telephone banking or by written instruction. There is no monthly charge for account maintenance.
PLEASE NOTE that bank tariffs may be changed anytime at the sole discretion of the bank, we therefore suggest to contact us or visit the bank’s website for updated details on specific fees and charges.
STARTING BUSINESS professional service fee for the assistance of bank account opening does not include any bank charges and commissions, account maintenance fees, transaction fees, initial deposit or minimum balance.