Santander Bank (Jersey)
Personal Account Opening in Jersey
Based on the island of Jersey, Santander provides international personal bank accounts with full e-banking services and deferred-debit cards for investment or savings purposes.
It offers international banking solutions and savings accounts primarily for UK expatriates, as well as for UK and Jersey residents.
Pre Paid Card
Find Out If You Are Pre-Approved
FACTS & INFO
REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCOUNT SETUP:
- Personal presence is not required.
- A minimum balance entry of £75,000 (or currency equivalent for USD and EUR across bank's portfolio of products). The minimum balance amount can be spread across a range of accounts, subject to the minimum opening deposit for each account being met, and it must be maintained throughout the relationship with Santander.
- The bank specialises in personal savings and current accounts for UK expatriates or customers working and living overseas. Therefore, you will need to advise on the reason you require an offshore account with Santander in Jersey.
- Notarized copy of a valid passport. The passport must be signed and the signature must match the signature in the application form. The photograph must be clear and of good quality.
- Original or notarized copy of a utility bill / bank statement dated within 3 months as verification of residential address.
- Original or notarized copy of a bank reference letter, dated within 3 months.
- Power of attorney (where applicable).
- Personal CV.
- Documents that are not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
- Once all documentation is available please email electronic copies to our representative for review; incomplete or unexecuted forms can create delays in the account opening process.
Shipping of corporate documents or banking kits to your destination requires an extra charge and will be automatically added to your order during checkout. Shipping costs for international courier services are set automatically depending on geographic zones.
About the Bank
Formerly known as Abbey International, Santander Private Banking is part of Santander UK Plc, which operates in Europe, Latin America, and the USA. It employs over 2,000 professionals across more than 120 branches, making it one of the largest private banks in the world.
The bank specialises in personal savings and current accounts for UK expatriates or customers working and living overseas.
WHAT SANTANDER PRIVATE BANKING IN JERSEY OFFERS:
- International personal bank accounts
- Gold bank account with Visa deferred-debit card
- Call account
- Instant access savings account
- Notice account
- Fixed term deposit account
- Telephone banking services
- Full 24/7 internet banking services
- Accounts in EUR, GBP, or USD
- EUR, GBP, or USD Gold Visa deferred-debit card
- Customer support in English
- Currently able to provide banking facilities for American citizens
- Account allocation timeframe of 5 to 7 days (after the original documents have been received by the bank)
BANK TARIFFS AND CHARGES
Santander Bank can be considered a medium-cost bank with respect to incoming/outgoing payments and account maintenance. Incoming electronic transfers are free of charge. The bank charges US$40 for outgoing transfers made using internet banking and US$60 for outgoing transfers made using telephone banking (or by written instruction). There is no monthly charge for account maintenance.
PLEASE NOTE: Bank tariffs may be changed anytime at the sole discretion of the bank. Therefore, we suggest that you contact us or visit the bank’s website for updated details on specific fees and charges.
The Starting Business professional service fee for the assistance of bank account opening does not include any bank charges and commissions, account maintenance fees, transaction fees, initial deposit, or minimum balance.