Personal Account Opening in Cyprus
Based in Cyprus, Eurobank offers international personal bank accounts with e-banking facilities and a personal credit card for your investment or saving purposes.
Eurobank EFG is focused mainly on corporate international banking for companies, as well as investment and private banking for high-net-worth individuals.
Pre Paid Card
Find Out If You Are Pre-Approved
FACTS & INFO
REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCOUNT SETUP:
- A CISCO Webex interview prior to account opening.
- A high annual turnover is advisable.
- A minimum initial deposit and account balance of US$500.
- A connection with Cyprus.
- The account will be activated within 2-10 business days (upon receipt by the bank of all duly completed forms and relevant information).
- Notarized copy of a valid passport. The passport must be signed and the signature must match the signature in the application form. The photograph must be clear and of good quality.
- Original or notarized copy of a utility bill / bank statement dated within 3 months as verification of residential address.
- Original or notarized copy of a bank reference letter, dated within 3 months.
- Power of attorney (where applicable).
- Personal CV.
- Documents that are not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
- Once all documentation is available please email electronic copies to our representative for review; incomplete or unexecuted forms can create delays in the account opening process.
Shipping of corporate documents or banking kits to your destination requires an extra charge and will be automatically added to your order during checkout. Shipping costs for international courier services are set automatically depending on geographic zones.
About the Bank
The Eurobank Group is a European banking organisation that holds a strategic position in retail and business banking in Bulgaria, Romania and Serbia. It also offers discerning wealth management services in Cyprus and Luxembourg, as well as having a presence in Ukraine and London.
Eurobank Cyprus is a separate legal entity established in Cyprus in 2007, and is regulated by the Central Bank of Cyprus. Its business model is built upon three strategic pillars:
- Corporate and investment banking for local entities.
- Private banking for high-net-worth-individuals and locals.
- International business banking.
Eurobank Cyprus operates a representative office in Russia (Moscow), and in Ukraine (Kiev).
It demonstrates a strong capital base and liquidity with significant amounts invested in triple A (AAA) rated bonds, and/or placed with prime banks abroad.
The bank’s private banking division provides wealth management services to its clients, addressing their needs in an environment of trust, confidentiality and high quality of personal service. It has received numerous awards, including Best Private Bank and Best Wealth Management Bank for 2019 by International Finance Magazine, as well as Best Banking Group at the World Finance Banking Awards 2019.
Eurobank Cyprus was also voted as the Best Global Custodian Bank in Cyprus in 2018 (World Finance Magazine). This particular award confirms the high level of services offered in asset servicing, a distinction that places the bank on par with other international banks that offer custodian services worldwide.
WHAT EUROBANK CYPRUS OFFERS:
- Corporate and investment banking
- Private banking
- International business banking
- Full internet banking services
- Phone banking
- Accounts in all major currencies
- Visa Gold credit card
- Customer support in Greek, English, and Russian
- Account allocation timeframe of 2 to 3 days (after the original documents have been received by the bank)
BANK TARIFFS AND CHARGES
Eurobank Cyprus can be considered a low-cost bank with respect to incoming/outgoing payments and account maintenance. Depending on the currency and amount of transfer, incoming charges will vary from €0 to €16 and outgoing transfers will vary from €5 to €16. The annual account maintenance fee for a personal account is €20. Internet banking is free of charge.
PLEASE NOTE: Bank tariffs may be changed anytime at the sole discretion of the bank. Therefore, we suggest that you contact us or visit the bank’s website for updated details on specific fees and charges.
The Starting Business professional service fee for the assistance of bank account opening does not include any bank charges and commissions, account maintenance fees, transaction fees, initial deposit, or minimum balance.