Personal Account Opening in Germany
Pre Paid Card
FACTS & INFO
About the Bank
Commerzbank AG is one of the leading commercial banks in Germany with more than 15 million private and corporate clients. The bank has an excellent market position and bank's offerings are complemented by Allianz AG, AGI,Wüstenrot and Commerz Finanz as strong financial partners.
In Germany, Commerzbank has one of the densest branch networks with approx. 1,100 branches. With another 23 branches, 35 Representative Offices and 6 material subsidiaries, we are represented in over 50 countries on all continents.
The market capitalisation of Commerzbank Aktiengesellschaft is approximately 13 billion euro. Commerzbank is one of the 30 blue chips in the German Stock Index (DAX) and is listed in the EURO STOXX Banks. Total assets of Commerzbank is EUR 561 bn and long-term ratings (Moodys/S&P) - Baa1/A-.
International Wealth Management division of Commerzbank offers customer-focused investment banking and wealth management in about 150 locations in Germany and more than 60 locations abroad.
The Commerzbank AG is a member of the Deposit Protection Fund of the Association of German Banks (Einlagensicherungsfonds des Bundesverbandes deutscher Banken e.V.) and the Compensation Scheme of German Banks (Entschädigungseinrichtung deutscher Banken GmbH). This means that all liabilities that are required to be shown in the balance sheet item 'Liabilities to customers' are protected. Among these are demand, term and savings deposits, including registered savings certificates.
WHAT COMMERZBANK OFFERS:
Commerzbank International Wealth Management offers a wide range of banking services, including accounts in all major currencies, international wire transfers, asset management and real estate financing for both institutional and private clients.
- Accounts in various currencies
- Wealth planning
- Asset management & short term investments
- Access to corporate banking & investment banking solutions
- Portfolio management and booking of stock-, FX dealings with transparent all-in fee
- Real estate financing
- Debit Visa or MasterCard Classic or Gold
- Deposit Protection Scheme
- Multilingual support
The approximate timeframe for account allocation from 7 to 10 business days upon receipt of all required documents and information by the bank.
BANK TARIFFS AND CHARGES
Commerzbank can be considered as a low-cost bank with respect to account maintenance and bank transfer fees. Annual maintenance fee and online banking services are free of charge. Payments in the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA)are not charged and fees for international transfers via SWIFT - max. 0,15% of the amount.
- PLEASE NOTE that bank tariffs may be changed anytime at the sole discretion of the bank, we therefore suggest to contact us or visit the bank’s website for updated details on specific fees and charges.
- STARTING BUSINESS professional service fee for the assistance of bank account opening does not include any bank charges and commissions, account maintenance fees, transaction fees, initial deposit or minimum balance.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PERSONAL ACCOUNT SET UP WITH COMMERZBANK (GERMANY):
- A personal visit to the bank in Germany is not necessary. The Bank's representative can visit the client in his home country in order to arrange a meeting. Alternatively, the meeting can be arranged in any of Commerzbank's representative offices or branches worldwide.
- There is no strict official minimum balance or minimum deposit requirements, but the bank recommends a minimum balance of EUR 1 million. The initial deposit of EUR 250,000 may be considered by the bank if the balance has a prospect of growth.
- Account opening timeframe. The account will be activated within 7 - 10 business days, upon receipt by the bank of all duly completed forms and relevant information.
- Notarized copy of valid passport. The passport must be signed and signature must match the signature in the application form. The photograph must be clear and of good quality.
- Original or notarized copy of utility bill / bank statement dated within 3 months as verification of residential address.
- Original or notarized copy of Banker's reference letter dated within 3 months.
- Personal CV