Capital Security Bank
Personal Account Opening in the Cook Islands
The Capital Security Bank - based in the Cook Islands - is a full-service private bank with distinct levels of service for asset protection and investments. It provides full internet banking facilities, enabling efficient management of your daily banking needs or saving purposes.
Pre Paid Card
Find Out If You Are Pre-Approved
FACTS & INFO
REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCOUNT SETUP:
- Personal presence is not required
- The minimum initial deposit and balance required is US$20,000
- The account will be activated within 2-4 business days (upon receipt by the bank of all duly completed forms and relevant information)
- Notarized copy of a valid passport. The passport must be signed and the signature must match the signature in the application form. The photograph must be clear and of good quality.
- Original or notarized copy of a utility bill / bank statement dated within 3 months as verification of residential address.
- Original or notarized copy of a bank reference letter, dated within 3 months.
- Power of attorney (where applicable).
- Personal CV.
- Documents that are not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
- Once all documentation is available please email electronic copies to our representative for review; incomplete or unexecuted forms can create delays in the account opening process.
Shipping of corporate documents or banking kits to your destination requires an extra charge and will be automatically added to your order during checkout. Shipping costs for international courier services are set automatically depending on geographic zones.
About the Bank
Capital Security Bank (CSB) was established in 1997 and is the only private bank operating within the Cook Islands alone. CSB is regulated by the Financial Supervisory Commission Cook Islands and holds both international and domestic banking licenses.
The bank is covered by Professional Indemnity Insurance and operates in accordance with the Cook Islands Banking Act of 2011, which provides comprehensive security and confidentiality for bank customers. The confidentiality laws of the Cook Islands prohibit the disclosure of banking relationships except with the consent of the customer, ensuring that no creditor or foreign government can gain access to bank information except in the case of preventing money laundering or averting the financing of terrorism.
The bank does not lend against client funds, remains 100% liquid, and complies with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
The bank offers traditional offshore banking services including call and term accounts in a wide range of currencies and investment accounts, with access to stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and other investment products.
WHAT CAPITAL SECURITY BANK OFFERS:
- Personal and corporate multi-currency accounts.
- Cash accounts, precious metals accounts, investment accounts, and wealth management.
- Full internet banking.
- International wire transfers in all major currencies (USD, EUR, GBP, AUD, NZD, CAD, CHF, JPY, HKD, SGD, and NOK).
- Fixed deposits.
- Account allocation timeframe of 2-4 days (after the original documents have been received by the bank).
BANK TARIFFS AND CHARGES
Capital Security Bank can be considered a medium-cost bank with respect to account maintenance and bank transfer fees. The multi-currency account establishment fee is US$500 and the monthly account maintenance fee is US$50. Fees for outward wire payments can vary from US$100 to US$300 - third party charges may apply to payments or receipts. Fees for inward wire payments are US$20 and third party charges may apply to payments or receipts.
PLEASE NOTE: Bank tariffs may be changed anytime at the sole discretion of the bank. Therefore, we suggest that you contact us or visit the bank’s website for updated details on specific fees and charges.
The Starting Business professional service fee for the assistance of bank account opening does not include any bank charges and commissions, account maintenance fees, transaction fees, initial deposit, or minimum balance.