Capital Security Bank
Personal Account Opening in Cook Islands
Personal bank account opening with full internet banking facilities for managing your daily banking needs or saving purposes in the Cook Islands with Capital Security Bank.
Pre Paid Card
Find Out if you are Pre-Approved
FACTS & INFO
REQUIREMENTS FOR PERSONAL ACCOUNT SET UP WITH CAPITAL SECURITY BANK:
- Personal presence is not required
- The minimum initial deposit and balance required: US$20,000
- The account will be activated within 2 - 4 business days, upon receipt by the bank of all duly completed forms and relevant information.
- Notarized copy of valid passport. The passport must be signed and signature must match the signature in the application form. The photograph must be clear and of good quality.
- Original or notarized copy of utility bill / bank statement dated within 3 months as verification of residential address.
- Original or notarized copy of Banker's reference letter dated within 3 months.
- Original or notarized copy of Professional reference letter
- Personal CV
- Documents that are not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
- Once all documentation is available please email electronic copies to our representative for review; incomplete or unexecuted forms can create delays in the account opening process.
Shipping of corporate documents or banking kits to your destination requires an extra charge and will be automatically added to your order during checkout. Shipping costs for international courier services are set automatically depending on geographic zones.
About the Bank
Capital Security Bank was established in 1997 and is the only private bank operating within the Cook Islands only. CSB is regulated by the Financial Supervisory Commission of the Cook Islands and holds both and international and domestic banking licenses.
The bank is covered by the Professional Indemnity Insurance and operates in accordance with the Cook Islands Banking Act of 2011, which provides comprehensive security and confidentially for bank customers. The confidentiality laws of the Cook Islands prohibit the disclosure of banking relationships except with the consent of the customer, ensuring that no creditor or foreign government can gain access to bank information except in the case of preventing money laundering or averting the financing of terrorism.
The bank does not lend against clients funds and remains 100% liquid and complies with the International Financial Reporting Standards.
The bank offers traditional offshore banking services including call & term accounts in a wide range of currencies and investment accounts with access to stocks, bonds, mutual funds and other investment products.
CSB’s capital adequacy ratios: Core 11.3%, Tier1 11.3%, Total: 13.4%.
WHAT CAPITAL SECURITY BANK OFFERS:
- Personal and corporate multicurrency accounts.
- Cash accounts, precious metals accounts, investment accounts, wealth management.
- Full Internet banking.
- International wire transfers in all major currencies (USD, EUR, GBP, AUD, NZD, CAD, CHF, JPY, HKD, SGD, NOK).
- Fixed Deposits
- The approximate timeframe for account allocation is 2-4 days after the original documents have been received by the bank.
BANK TARIFFS AND CHARGES
Capital Security Bank can be considered as a medium-cost bank with respect to account maintenance and bank transfer fees. The multicurrency account establishment fee is USD 500 and the monthly account maintenance fee is USD 50. Fees for outward wire payments can vary from USD 100 to USD 300 - third party charges may apply to payments or receipts. Fees for inward wire payments are USD 20 and third party charges may apply to payments or receipts.
PLEASE NOTE that bank tariffs may be changed anytime at the sole discretion of the bank, we therefore suggest to contact us or visit the bank’s website for updated details on specific fees and charges.
STARTING BUSINESS professional service fee for the assistance of bank account opening does not include any bank charges and commissions, account maintenance fees, transaction fees, initial deposit or minimum balance.