Belize Bank International
Personal Account Opening in Belize
Belize Bank International is an integrated bank for corporate and private clients, with one of the longest banking legacies in Central and South America.
It reacts quickly and effectively to changing regulatory environments throughout the world, and offers premier levels of security, convenience and simplicity to its customers.
Pre Paid Card
Find Out If You Are Pre-Approved
FACTS & INFO
REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCOUNT SETUP:
- Personal presence is not mandatory.
- Minimum initial deposit and minimum account balance of US$4,000.
- The account will be activated within 7-10 business days (upon receipt by the bank of all duly completed forms and relevant information).
- Notarized copy of a valid passport. The passport must be signed and the signature must match the signature in the application form. The photograph must be clear and of good quality.
- Original or notarized copy of a utility bill / bank statement dated within 3 months as verification of residential address.
- Original or notarized copy of a bank reference letter, dated within 3 months.
- Power of attorney (where applicable).
- Personal CV.
- Documents that are not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
- Once all documentation is available please email electronic copies to our representative for review; incomplete or unexecuted forms can create delays in the account opening process.
Shipping of corporate documents or banking kits to your destination requires an extra charge and will be automatically added to your order during checkout. Shipping costs for international courier services are set automatically depending on geographic zones.
About the Bank
Belize Bank International is an integrated bank for corporate and private clients, with one of the longest banking legacies in Central and South America. It reacts quickly and effectively to changing regulatory environments throughout the world, and offers premier levels of security, convenience and simplicity to its customers.
Operating under the Belize Bank Group – one of the oldest and continuous banks in Central America – BBIL became fully active for offshore clients in 2006. As a member of a banking organisation with over 100 years of experience, they have an extensive network of partner banks and associations who help them carry depth and breadth of products and services for their clients.
They work with corresponding banks and intermediaries in South and Central America, Europe, the Caribbean and the United States.
Belize has a long history of client confidentiality – strict and long-standing bank secrecy laws ensure the protection of banking records.
With over 100 years of continued service and legacy in the Belize Banking Group, clients can entrust their investment and business needs with the bank.
WHAT BELIZE BANK INTERNATIONAL OFFERS:
- 24-hour online banking
- No withholding tax
- Standing orders and monthly statements
- Personal and corporate accounts
- Accounts in USD, EUR, and GBP
- Multilingual customer support
- Account allocation timeframe of 7 to 10 days (after the documents have been received by the bank)
BANK TARIFFS AND CHARGES
Belize Bank International can be considered a medium-cost bank with respect to incoming/outgoing payments and account maintenance.
PLEASE NOTE: Bank tariffs may be changed anytime at the sole discretion of the bank. Therefore, we suggest that you contact us or visit the bank’s website for updated details on specific fees and charges.