Atlantic International Bank
Personal Account Opening in Belize
Different types of international personal bank accounts with easy access to funds via secure online banking and credit card.
Pre Paid Card
This product is currently unavailable.
Please take a look at our other optionsView Products
FACTS & INFO
REQUIREMENTS FOR PERSONAL ACCOUNT SET UP WITH ATLANTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK:
- Personal presence is not required
- The minimum deposit and the minimum balance of USD 1,000. Please Note: Atlantic International Bank offers accounts in USD only and all payments must be sent and received in USD.
- The account will be activated within 5 - 8 business days, upon receipt by the bank of all duly completed forms and relevant information.
- Notarized color copy of valid passport. The passport must be signed and signature must match the signature in the application form. The photograph must be clear and of good quality.
- Original or notarized copy of utility bill (electricity, water, gas or cable) dated within 6 months as verification of residential address.
- 2 (two)Bank reference letters, dated within 3 months. The bank reference letter must be on official bank's letterhead. Ask your banks to include the date of letter issuance, the date of account opening,the type of account held, average balance, satisfactory relationship, signature of bank's senior personnel.
- If the account signatory conducts business activities with only one bank, a Character (Professional) Reference Letter from a recognized lawyer or accountant may be considered. The Character Reference Letter must include: date of letter, length and type of relationship, nature of business, comments on Client's character, signature of professional.
- Personal CV
- Documents that are not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
- Once all documentation is available please email electronic copies to our representative for review; incomplete or unexecuted forms can create delays in the account opening process.
Shipping of corporate documents or banking kits to your destination requires an extra charge and will be automatically added to your order during checkout. Shipping costs for international courier services are set automatically depending on geographic zones.
About the Bank
Atlantic International Bank Limited (AIBL) is a leading International Bank in Belize that provides international banking services to non-residents since its incorporation in November 2000. Atlantic International Bank Limited holds an Unrestricted “A” Class International Banking License issued by the Central Bank of Belize. The license permits it to offer international banking services to both personal and corporate clients who are non-residents of Belize.
Customers choose the bank for its financing options and expertise in real estate development projects in Belize.
AIBL is a major player in the international banking industry in Belize with offices located in San Pedro Town on Ambergris Caye, Placencia Village in the Stann Creek District, and San Ignacio Town in Cayo, all of which are major tourist destinations.
WHAT ATLANTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK OFFERS:
- Personal and Corporate accounts
- Regular Savings Account, Super Savings Account, Fixed Term Deposit Account
- Full Internet banking
- International credit cards MasterCard Gold or Visa Gold in USD
- International wire transfers in all major currencies
- Loans, lines of credit, overdrafts
- The approximate timeframe for account allocation is 5 to 8 days after the original documents have been received by the bank.
BANK TARIFFS AND CHARGES
Atlantic International Bank can be considered as a medium-cost bank with respect to account maintenance and bank transfer fees. The incoming wire transfer fee is USD 35 - additional charges may apply depending on the correspondent bank. The fee for outgoing transfers is USD 100.
Account opening procedure and online banking facilities are free of charge.
PLEASE NOTE that bank tariffs may be changed anytime at the sole discretion of the bank, we therefore suggest to contact us or visit the bank’s website for updated details on specific fees and charges.
STARTING BUSINESS professional service fee for the assistance of bank account opening does not include any bank charges and commissions, account maintenance fees, transaction fees, initial deposit or minimum balance.