VP Bank (Switzerland) Ltd
Corporate Account Opening in Switzerland
VP Bank in Switzerland - a branch of Liechtenstein's largest bank - focuses on investment and asset management services for private individuals and intermediaries. It is especially suitable for holding companies.
Pre Paid Card
Find Out If You Are Pre-Approved
FACTS & INFO
REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCOUNT SETUP:
- Personal presence is not required.
- A minimum balance of at least US$1m or equivalent in any of the major currencies or assets will be required.
- The account should have an expected turnover/volume/transactions and may start with a minimum of US$2m.
- The account will be activated within 7-10 business days (upon receipt by the bank of all duly completed forms and relevant information).
- There is a list of restricted countries/regions/citizens/residents for account opening which includes: Libya, Cuba, Iran, Belarus, Myanmar, North Korea, Sudan, Syria and DR Congo.
- Business activities such as gambling or weapons are not accepted.
- Documents that are in Russian are accepted. However, documents in other languages may need to be accompanied by a certified translation - this is on a case-by-case basis.
For the Company:
A set of legalised company documents consisting of:
- Certificate of incorporation
- Memorandum and articles of association
- Documents confirming the appointment of company directors and secretary (if any)
- Document confirming the location of the registered office
- Share certificate(s)
- Certificate of good standing if the company is more than 12 months old
- Copy of the corporate structure, identifying the ultimate beneficial owner(s)
- Valid license (if applicable)
For each director, shareholder, secretary, authorised signatory and ultimate beneficial owner:
- Notarized copy of a valid passport. The passport must be signed and the signature must match the signature in the application form. The photograph must be clear and of good quality.
- Original or notarized copy of a utility bill / bank statement dated within 3 months as verification of residential address.
- Original or notarized copy of a bank reference letter, dated within 3 months.
- Power of attorney (where applicable).
- Personal CV.
For each corporate officer (where the company directors or shareholders are legal entities), please provide:
A set of legalised company documents consisting of:
- Copies of constitutional documents (certificate of incorporation, articles, etc.).
- Copy of the corporate register (which shall include register of shareholders, directors and secretary).
- Copy of the corporate structure.
- Certificate of good standing.
IMPORTANT NOTE: LICENSABLE BUSINESS ACTIVITIES
If you conduct any activity without the required license or authorisation granted by a relevant authority in any jurisdiction, Starting Business will not be able to assist you with the company formation or bank account opening related to such unlicensed activity.
Licensable activities include, but are not limited to: provision of financial services involving trading/brokerage in foreign exchange, financial and commodity-based derivative instruments and other securities; offering investment advice to public; insurance and banking; operation and administration of collective investment schemes and mutual funds; payment processing services; money exchange, money transmission or money brokering; asset management; safe custody services; gaming, gambling and lotteries.
Please contact us if you need assistance in the licensing of your financial, Forex brokerage or gambling company.
Shipping of corporate documents or banking kits to your destination requires an extra charge and will be automatically added to your order during checkout. Shipping costs for international courier services are set automatically depending on geographic zones.
About the Bank
The VP Bank Group is an internationally positioned private bank that specialises in asset management services for private individuals and intermediaries. It was founded in 1956 and its shares are listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange. The group’s financial strength is rated “A–” by Standard & Poor’s.
Established in Zurich in 1988, the bank's Swiss branch is supervised by the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority (FINMA).
It offers the full range of private banking services to high-net worth individuals, intermediaries and asset managers worldwide.
VP Bank is supported and strengthened by its sister offices in Liechtenstein, the British Virgin Islands, Hong Kong, Singapore and Luxembourg, all of which have a long unblemished history of providing first-class banking services.
The main competencies of VP Bank (Switzerland) include: investment consultancy and asset management, as well as the provision of advice and support for external asset managers.
WHAT VP BANK (SWITZERLAND) OFFERS:
VP Bank (Switzerland) Ltd offers a wide range of banking services, including accounts in all major currencies, international wire transfers, securities, foreign exchange, and precious metals trading for both institutional and private clients. Low transactional corporate accounts are available as long as funds are left for investment purposes. The bank offers:
- Accounts in various currencies
- Wealth planning
- Asset management
- Investment consultancy
- Credit business
- Advice and support for external asset managers
- The bank does not offer retail bank facilities such as credit/debit cards or checking accounts (the bank cannot handle large volumes of payment transactions)
- Account allocation of 7 to 10 business days (upon receipt of the original documents by the bank)
BANK TARIFFS AND CHARGES
VP Bank can be considered as a medium-cost bank with respect to incoming/outgoing payments. Incoming wire transfers are free of charge. Outgoing transfers executed by client via e-banking will be free of charge for payments in Euros and Swiss Francs, and 20 Swiss Francs for other currencies. Manual outgoing payments will be charged at 10 Francs for Euro payments and 20 Francs for other currencies.
PLEASE NOTE: Bank tariffs may be changed anytime at the sole discretion of the bank. Therefore, we suggest that you contact us or visit the bank’s website for updated details on specific fees and charges.
The Starting Business professional service fee for the assistance of bank account opening does not include any bank charges and commissions, account maintenance fees, transaction fees, initial deposit, or minimum balance.