Corporate Account Opening in Latvia
Corporate bank account with full internet-banking facilities for management of your daily business transactions or investment services in Latvia with Rietumu Bank. Rietumu Bank is one of the largest banks in the Baltic States, well represented on global markets and provides a wide range of services (including multicurrency accounts and premium cards) to clients from the EU, Russia and CIS countries.
Pre Paid Card
FACTS & INFO
REQUIREMENTS FOR CORPORATE ACCOUNT SET UP WITH RIETUMU BANK
- It is highly preferable to visit the bank personally for identification purposes. The meeting can be arranged in the bank's head office in Latvia or any of representative offices in Russia, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Ukraine, Romania and Israel. The bank may also arrange a meeting in other countries.
- The Relationship minimum balance for companies from the EU, CIS, OECD, China (incl. Hong Kong), Andorra, Georgia, Lichtenstein, Macedonia, Isle of Man, Serbia, Singapore and Montenegro is established in the amount of EUR 10,000 (or the equivalent in another currency).
- Relationship Balance (minimum balance requirement on all accounts of the client), residing in other countries (including companies registered in Isle of Man and Scottish partnership) - EUR 10,000.
- The initial deposit of EUR 500 will be required.
- Following the opening of an account for a new client of the bank and crediting funds to it, the compulsory minimum balance will be remitted to the special saving account, where it will stay untouched for the first six months. Upon the expiry of six months, the amount of the Minimum Balance will be remitted from the Saving Account back to the Current Account of the Client where the Client can make free use of it. With regard to this Client, the general terms of observing the Relationship Balance will be effective.
- Account opening timeframe. The account will be activated within 7 - 10 business days, upon receipt by the bank of all duly completed forms and relevant information.
- U.S. companies are accepted for account opening if they are subject to all bank requirements.
- Only European Companies are accepted by the bank, which have a physical presence in the country of incorporation (e.g. office & employees)
For the Company:
A set of legalized company documents consisting of:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Associations
- Documents confirming the appointment of company directors and secretary (if any)
- Document confirming the location of the registered office
- Share Certificate(s)
- Certificate of Good Standing if the company is more than 12 months old
- Copy of the Corporate Structure, identifying the ultimate beneficial owner(s)
- Valid License (if applicable)
For each director, shareholder, secretary, authorised signatory and ultimate beneficial owner:
- Notarized copy of valid passport. The passport must be signed and signature must match the signature in the application form. The photograph must be clear and of good quality.
- Original or notarized copy of utility bill / bank statement dated within 3 months as verification of residential address.
- Original or notarized copy of Banker's reference letter, dated within 3 months
- Power of Attorney (where applicable)
- Personal CV
For each corporate officer (Where the company directors or shareholders are legal entities), please provide:
A set of legalized company documents consisting of:
- Copy of constitutional documents (Certificate of Incorporation, Articles, etc.).
- Copy of Corporate Register (which shall include Register of Shareholders, Directors and Secretary).
- Copy of the Corporate Structure.
- Certificate of Good Standing.
- Documents that are not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
- Once all documentation is available please email electronic copies to our representative for review; incomplete or unexecuted forms can create delays in the account opening process.
IMPORTANT NOTE: LICENSABLE BUSINESS ACTIVITIES
If you conduct any activity without required license or authorization granted by a relevant authority in any jurisdiction, STARTING BUSINESS will not be able to assist you with the company formation or bank account opening related to such unlicensed activity.
Licensable activities include, but not limited to: provision of financial services involving trading/brokerage in foreign exchange, financial and commodity-based derivative instruments and other securities; offering investment advice to public; insurance and banking business; operation and administration of collective investment schemes and mutual funds; payment processing services; money exchange, money transmission or money brokering; asset management; safe custody services; gaming, gambling and lotteries.
Please contact us if you need our assistance in licensing of your financial, Forex brokerage or gambling company.
Shipping of corporate documents or banking kits to your destination requires an extra charge and will be automatically added to your order during checkout. Shipping costs for international courier services are set automatically depending on geographic zones.
About the Bank
Rietumu Bank is one of the largest banks in the Baltic States, specialising in corporate banking and affluent individuals.
The Bank is well represented in the global market, providing services to customers all over Europe, the Baltic States, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, and other regions.
Rietumu bank is one of the first private banks in Latvia, with over 20 years of operation in the Baltic States, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, and numerous European markets.
The Bank has representative offices in France, Russia, Romania, Ukraine, Belarus and Kazakhstan and offers financial leasing services in Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus.
WHAT RIETUMU BANK OFFERS:
- Full range of banking services.
- Multicurrency accounts
- Multilingual customer support
- iRietumu - modern internet-bank in English, Russian and French
- MasterCard/Visa Business, World Elite, Gold and Platinum.
- Standard payments in all major world currencies are processed on the same day (T+0) without additional commission.
- International express payments in EUR and USD in one business hour.
- Wide net of correspondent banks.
- Payments in more than 90 different currencies.
- Immediate currency exchange.
- Special exchange rates for amounts exceeding EUR 5,000.
- Hedging of currency risk (Fwd/Swap/Order).
- Favourable fees for loyal clients.
- App for iPhone, iPod & iPad
- E-commerce services (merchant account)
- Asset management
- Investment funds
- Financial market instruments
- Advisory services & support in obtaining a residence permit in Latvia
- The approximate timeframe for account allocation from 7 to 10 business days receipt of the original documents by the bank.
BANK TARIFFS AND CHARGES
Rietumu Bank can be considered as a medium-cost bank with respect to incoming/outgoing payments and account maintenance. The incoming payment charge is nil and the outgoing payment charges vary from EUR 5-EUR 170, depending on the currency and how the transfer is made. The account maintenance fee for a corporate account is EUR 20 per month. The fee for low-active accounts or inactive customers, will be EUR 200 per month.
PLEASE NOTE that bank tariffs may be changed anytime at the sole discretion of the bank, we therefore suggest to contact us or visit the bank’s website for updated details on specific fees and charges.
STARTING BUSINESS professional service fee for the assistance of bank account opening does not include any bank charges and commissions, account maintenance fees, transaction fees, initial deposit or minimum balance.