Corporate Account Opening in Singapore
International corporate bank account with full e-banking facilities in Singapore with OCBC Bank - one of the largest banks in the region and the number one of World's 10 Strongest $100 billion Asset Banks.
Pre Paid Card
Find Out if you are Pre-Approved
FACTS & INFO
REQUIREMENTS FOR CORPORATE ACCOUNT SET UP WITH OCBC BANK IN SINGAPORE:
- The client’s personal attendance will be required in Singapore for the verification of his/her passport and signature.
- An initial deposit of USD 30,000.
- Minimum monthly average balance of USD 30,000.
- A one-time account set up fee of $500 will be required
- Account opening timeframe. The account will be activated within 5-7 business days, upon receipt by the bank of all duly completed forms, relevant information and your face-to-face meeting.
For the Company:
A set of legalized company documents consisting of:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Associations
- Documents confirming the appointment of company directors and secretary (if any)
- document confirming the location of the registered office
- Share Certificate(s)
- Certificate of Good Standing if the company is more than 12 months old
- Copy of the Corporate Structure, identifying the ultimate beneficial owner(s)
- Valid License (if applicable)
For each director, shareholder, secretary, authorised signatory and ultimate beneficial owner:
- Notarized copy of valid passport. The passport must be signed and signature must match the signature in the application form. The photograph must be clear and of good quality.
- Original or notarized copy of utility bill / bank statement dated within 3 months as verification of residential address.
- Original or notarized copy of Banker's reference letter, dated within 3 months
- Power of Attorney (where applicable)
- Personal CV
For each corporate officer (where the company directors or shareholders are legal entities), please provide:
A set of legalized company documents consisting of:
- Copy of constitutional documents (Certificate of Incorporation, Articles, etc.).
- Copy of Corporate Register (which shall include Register of Shareholders, Directors and Secretary).
- Copy of the Corporate Structure.
- Certificate of Good Standing.
Documents that are not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
IMPORTANT NOTE: LICENSABLE BUSINESS ACTIVITIES
If you conduct any activity without required license or authorization granted by a relevant authority in any jurisdiction, STARTING BUSINESS will not be able to assist you with the company formation or bank account opening related to such unlicensed activity.
Licensable activities include, but not limited to: provision of financial services involving trading/brokerage in foreign exchange, financial and commodity-based derivative instruments and other securities; offering investment advice to public; insurance and banking business; operation and administration of collective investment schemes and mutual funds; payment processing services; money exchange, money transmission or money brokering; asset management; safe custody services; gaming, gambling and lotteries.
Please contact us if you need our assistance in licensing of your financial, Forex brokerage or gambling company.
Shipping of corporate documents or banking kits to your destination requires an extra charge and will be automatically added to your order during checkout. Shipping costs for international courier services are set automatically depending on geographic zones.
About the Bank
OCBC Bank established in 1912 and it is the second largest financial group in Southeast Asia by market capitalization and has more than 20,000 employees globally. OCBC Bank is one of the highest rated banks with a long term credit rating of Aa1 from Moody’s and listed on the SGX-ST as one of the largest companies in Singapore by market capitalization.
OCBC Bank operates in over 15 countries (Singapore, Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, China, Hong Kong SAR, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, Australia, USA, UK, Dubai) and offers a broad range of financial and wealth management services, deposit-taking, personal lending, credit and debit cards, corporate banking, cash management, international trade financing, investment banking, private banking, treasury, stockbroking, insurance and asset management.
WHAT OCBC BANK IN SINGAPORE OFFERS:
- SGD, USD or Multicurrency Account (AUD, CAD, CHF, EUR, GBP, HKD, JPY, NZD)
- Time deposits.
- Full range of banking services.
- Wide range of credit Visa and MasterCard products.
- Private Banking.
- Tax and wealth management.
- Electronic Banking.
- Customer support in Chineese and English.
The approximate timeframe for account allocation is 5 to 7 business days from receipt of the original documents by the bank and your face-to-face meeting.
BANK TARIFFS AND CHARGES
Bank's tariffs and charges depend on the package chosen, however generally OCBC bank can be considered as a medium-cost bank with respect to account maintenance and bank transfer fees. The required minimum initial deposit is USD 30,000. The account maintenance fee is USD20 per month. The minimum monthly average relationship balances have to be maintained, failing which the Bank has the right to downgrade the relationship. Fee for non-maintenance of balance will be charged if the monthly average relationship balance falls below required amount. The fee for non-maintenance of balance is USD 100 per month.
For inward remittances the bank charges USD 10, and for outward remittances the charge will be 1/8% (min. USD 10 and max. USD 120).
PLEASE NOTE that bank tariffs may be changed anytime at the sole discretion of the bank, we therefore suggest to contact us or visit the bank’s website for updated details on specific fees and charges.
STARTING BUSINESS professional service fee for the assistance of bank account opening does not include any bank charges and commissions, account maintenance fees, transaction fees, initial deposit or minimum balance.