Corporate Account Opening in Singapore
Based in Singapore, OCBC Bank offers international corporate bank accounts with full e-banking facilities. It was named as Singapore's strongest bank by The Asian Banker in 2019, and is one of the world's most highly-rated banks in terms of credit.
Pre Paid Card
Find Out If You Are Pre-Approved
FACTS & INFO
REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCOUNT SETUP:
- The client’s personal attendance will be required in Singapore for the verification of their passport and signature.
- An initial deposit of US$30,000.
- Minimum monthly average balance of US$30,000.
- A one-time account set up fee of $500 will be required
- The account will be activated within 5-7 business days (upon receipt by the bank of all duly completed forms, relevant information, and a face-to-face meeting).
For the Company:
A set of legalised company documents consisting of:
- Certificate of incorporation
- Memorandum and articles of association
- Documents confirming the appointment of company directors and secretary (if any)
- Document confirming the location of the registered office
- Share certificate(s)
- Certificate of good standing if the company is more than 12 months old
- Copy of the corporate structure, identifying the ultimate beneficial owner(s)
- Valid license (if applicable)
For each director, shareholder, secretary, authorised signatory and ultimate beneficial owner:
- Notarized copy of a valid passport. The passport must be signed and the signature must match the signature in the application form. The photograph must be clear and of good quality.
- Original or notarized copy of a utility bill / bank statement dated within 3 months as verification of residential address.
- Original or notarized copy of a bank reference letter, dated within 3 months.
- Power of attorney (where applicable).
- Personal CV.
For each corporate officer (where the company directors or shareholders are legal entities), please provide:
A set of legalised company documents consisting of:
- Copies of constitutional documents (certificate of incorporation, articles, etc.).
- Copy of the corporate register (which shall include register of shareholders, directors and secretary).
- Copy of the corporate structure.
- Certificate of good standing.
Documents that are not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
IMPORTANT NOTE: LICENSABLE BUSINESS ACTIVITIES
If you conduct any activity without the required license or authorisation granted by a relevant authority in any jurisdiction, Starting Business will not be able to assist you with the company formation or bank account opening related to such unlicensed activity.
Licensable activities include, but are not limited to: provision of financial services involving trading/brokerage in foreign exchange, financial and commodity-based derivative instruments and other securities; offering investment advice to public; insurance and banking; operation and administration of collective investment schemes and mutual funds; payment processing services; money exchange, money transmission or money brokering; asset management; safe custody services; gaming, gambling and lotteries.
Please contact us if you need assistance in the licensing of your financial, Forex brokerage or gambling company.
Shipping of corporate documents or banking kits to your destination requires an extra charge and will be automatically added to your order during checkout. Shipping costs for international courier services are set automatically depending on geographic zones.
About the Bank
OCBC Bank was established in 1912, and is the second-largest financial group in Southeast Asia by assets, with more than 29,000 employees globally. It is one of the highest-rated banks in the world, with a long term credit rating of Aa1 from Moody’s and AA- from Standard & Poor's. It is listed on the SGX-ST as one of the largest companies in Singapore by market capitalisation.
OCBC Bank currently operates around 570 branches in 18 countries (including a large number of branches in Malaysia), and offers a broad range of financial and wealth management services, as well as deposit-taking, personal lending, credit and debit cards, corporate banking, cash management, international trade financing, investment banking, private banking, treasury, stockbroking, insurance, and asset management.
WHAT OCBC BANK IN SINGAPORE OFFERS:
- SGD, USD or multicurrency account (AUD, CAD, CHF, EUR, GBP, HKD, JPY, or NZD).
- Time deposits.
- Full range of banking services.
- Wide range of credit Visa and MasterCard products.
- Private banking.
- Tax and wealth management.
- Electronic banking.
- Customer support in Chinese and English.
Account allocation timeframe of 5 to 7 business days (upon receipt of the original documents by the bank and a face-to-face meeting).
BANK TARIFFS AND CHARGES
The bank's tariffs and charges depend on the package chosen. Generally, however, OCBC Bank can be considered a medium-cost bank with respect to account maintenance and bank transfer fees. The required minimum initial deposit is US$30,000. The account maintenance fee is US$20 per month. The minimum monthly average relationship balances have to be maintained, failing which the bank has the right to downgrade the relationship. Fees for non-maintenance of the balance will be charged if the monthly average relationship balance falls below required amount. The fee for non-maintenance of the balance is US$100 per month.
For inward remittances the bank charges US$10, and for outward remittances the charge will be 1/8% (minimum US$10 and maximum US$120).
PLEASE NOTE: Bank tariffs may be changed anytime at the sole discretion of the bank. Therefore, we suggest that you contact us or visit the bank’s website for updated details on specific fees and charges.
The Starting Business professional service fee for the assistance of bank account opening does not include any bank charges and commissions, account maintenance fees, transaction fees, initial deposit, or minimum balance.