Capital Security Bank
Corporate Account Opening in the Cook Islands
The Capital Security Bank - based in the Cook Islands - is a full-service private bank with distinct levels of service for asset protection and investments.
Pre Paid Card
Find Out If You Are Pre-Approved
FACTS & INFO
REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCOUNT SETUP:
- Personal presence is not required
- Minimum initial deposit and balance required of US$20,000
- Cash intensive businesses, such as retail stores, hotels, convenience stores, and taxi businesses are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- The account will be activated within 2 to 4 business days (upon receipt by the bank of all duly completed forms and relevant information)
For the Company:
A set of legalised (apostilled) company documents consisting of:
- Certificate of incorporation
- Memorandum and articles of association
- Documents confirming the appointment of company directors and secretary (if any)
- Document confirming the location of the registered office
- Share certificate(s)
- Certificate of good standing if the company is more than 12 months old
- Copy of the corporate structure, identifying the ultimate beneficial owner(s)
- Valid license (if applicable)
For each director, shareholder, secretary, authorised signatory and ultimate beneficial owner:
- Notarized copy of a valid passport. The passport must be signed and the signature must match the signature in the application form. The photograph must be clear and of good quality.
- Original or notarized copy of a utility bill / bank statement dated within 3 months as verification of residential address.
- Original or notarized copy of a bank reference letter, dated within 3 months.
- Power of attorney (where applicable).
- Personal CV.
For each corporate officer (where the company directors or shareholders are legal entities), please provide:
A set of legalised company documents consisting of:
- Copies of constitutional documents (certificate of incorporation, articles, etc.).
- Copy of the corporate register (which shall include register of shareholders, directors and secretary).
- Copy of the corporate structure.
- Certificate of good standing.
IMPORTANT NOTE: LICENSABLE BUSINESS ACTIVITIES
If you conduct any activity without the required license or authorisation granted by a relevant authority in any jurisdiction, Starting Business will not be able to assist you with the company formation or bank account opening related to such unlicensed activity.
Licensable activities include, but are not limited to: provision of financial services involving trading/brokerage in foreign exchange, financial and commodity-based derivative instruments and other securities; offering investment advice to public; insurance and banking; operation and administration of collective investment schemes and mutual funds; payment processing services; money exchange, money transmission or money brokering; asset management; safe custody services; gaming, gambling and lotteries.
Please contact us if you need assistance in the licensing of your financial, Forex brokerage or gambling company.
Shipping of corporate documents or banking kits to your destination requires an extra charge and will be automatically added to your order during checkout. Shipping costs for international courier services are set automatically depending on geographic zones.
About the Bank
Capital Security Bank (CSB) was established in 1997 and is the only private bank operating within the Cook Islands alone. CSB is regulated by the Financial Supervisory Commission Cook Islands and holds both international and domestic banking licenses.
The bank is covered by Professional Indemnity Insurance and operates in accordance with the Cook Islands Banking Act of 2011, which provides comprehensive security and confidentiality for bank customers. The confidentiality laws of the Cook Islands prohibit the disclosure of banking relationships except with the consent of the customer, ensuring that no creditor or foreign government can gain access to bank information except in the case of preventing money laundering or averting the financing of terrorism.
The bank does not lend against client funds, remains 100% liquid, and complies with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
The bank offers traditional offshore banking services including call and term accounts in a wide range of currencies and investment accounts, with access to stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and other investment products.
WHAT CAPITAL SECURITY BANK OFFERS:
- Personal and corporate multi-currency accounts.
- The bank is focused mainly on investment type of accounts with low transactional volumes.
- Cash accounts, precious metals accounts, investment accounts, wealth management.
- Full internet banking.
- International wire transfers in all major currencies (USD, EUR, GBP, AUD, NZD, CAD, CHF, JPY, HKD, SGD, and NOK).
- Fixed deposits
- The approximate timeframe for account allocation is 2-4 days after the original documents have been received by the bank.
BANK TARIFFS AND CHARGES
Capital Security Bank can be considered as medium-cost bank with respect to account maintenance and bank transfer fees. The multicurrency account establishment fee is US$500 and the monthly account maintenance fee is US$50. Fees for outward wire payments can vary from US$100 to US$300; third party charges may apply to payments or receipts. Fees for inward wire payments are US$20; third party charges may apply to payments or receipts.
PLEASE NOTE: Bank tariffs may be changed anytime at the sole discretion of the bank. Therefore, we suggest that you contact us or visit the bank’s website for updated details on specific fees and charges.
The Starting Business professional service fee for the assistance of bank account opening does not include any bank charges and commissions, account maintenance fees, transaction fees, initial deposit, or minimum balance.