Belize Bank International
Corporate Account Opening in Belize
Belize Bank International is an integrated bank for corporate and private clients with one of the longest banking legacies in Central and South America.
BBIL sees the changing regulatory environment throughout the world, and with a global view they offer premier security, convenience and simplicity.
Pre Paid Card
Find Out if you are Pre-Approved
FACTS & INFO
REQUIREMENTS FOR CORPORATE ACCOUNT SET UP WITH BELIZE BANK INTERNATIONAL
- Personal presence is not mandatory
- The minimum balance and minimum initial deposit required of USD 4000
- The account will be activated within 7 - 10 business days, upon receipt by the bank of all duly completed forms and relevant information.
For the Company:
A set of legalized company documents consisting of:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Associations
- Documents confirming the appointment of company directors and secretary (if any)
- Document confirming the location of the registered office
- Share Certificate(s)
- Certificate of Good Standing if the company is more than 12 months old
- Copy of the Corporate Structure, identifying the ultimate beneficial owner(s)
- Valid License (if applicable)
For each director, shareholder, secretary, authorised signatory and ultimate beneficial owner:
- Notarized copy of valid passport. The passport must be signed and signature must match the signature in the application form. The photograph must be clear and of good quality.
- Original or notarized copy of utility bill / bank statement dated within 3 months as verification of residential address.
- Original or notarized copy of Banker's reference letter, dated within 3 months
- Power of Attorney (where applicable)
- Personal CV
For each corporate officer (where the company directors or shareholders are legal entities), please provide:
A set of legalized company documents consisting of:
- Copy of constitutional documents (Certificate of Incorporation, Articles, etc.).
- Copy of Corporate Register (which shall include Register of Shareholders, Directors and Secretary).
- Copy of the Corporate Structure.
- Certificate of Good Standing.
Documents that are not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
IMPORTANT NOTE: LICENSABLE BUSINESS ACTIVITIES
If you conduct any activity without required license or authorization granted by a relevant authority in any jurisdiction, STARTING BUSINESS will not be able to assist you with the company formation or bank account opening related to such unlicensed activity.
Licensable activities include, but not limited to: provision of financial services involving trading/brokerage in foreign exchange, financial and commodity-based derivative instruments and other securities; offering investment advice to public; insurance and banking business; operation and administration of collective investment schemes and mutual funds; payment processing services; money exchange, money transmission or money brokering; asset management; safe custody services; gaming, gambling and lotteries.
Please contact us if you need our assistance in licensing of your financial, Forex brokerage or gambling company.
Shipping of corporate documents or banking kits to your destination requires an extra charge and will be automatically added to your order during checkout. Shipping costs for international courier services are set automatically depending on geographic zones.
About the Bank
Belize Bank International is an integrated bank for corporate and private clients with one of the longest banking legacies in Central and South America. BBIL sees the changing regulatory environment throughout the world, and with a global view they offer premier security, convenience and simplicity.
Operating under the Belize Bank Group – one of the oldest and continuous banks in Central America – BBIL became fully active for offshore clients in 2006. As a member of a banking organization with over 100 years of experience, they have an extensive network of partner banks and associations who help them carry depth and breadth of products and services for their clients.
They work with corresponding banks and intermediaries in South and Central America, Europe, the Caribbean and the United States.
Belize has a long history of client confidentiality – strict and long-standing bank secrecy laws ensure the protection of banking records.
Over 100 years of continued service and legacy in the Belize Banking Group – clients can be sure they can entrust their investment and business needs with the bank.
WHAT BELIZE BANK INTERNATIONAL OFFERS:
- 24-hour online banking
- No Withholding Tax
- Standing orders and monthly statements
- Personal and Corporate accounts
- Accounts in USD, EURO & British Pounds
- Multilingual customer support
- The approximate timeframe for account allocation is 7 to 10 days after the documents have been received by the bank.
BANK TARIFFS AND CHARGES
Belize Bank International can be considered as a medium-cost bank with respect to incoming/outgoing payments and account maintenance.
PLEASE NOTE that bank tariffs may be changed anytime at the sole discretion of the bank, we therefore suggest to contact us or visit the bank’s website for updated details on specific fees and charges.