Corporate Account Opening in Mauritius
Bank One in Mauritius provides an array of banking services and products catered towards business entities, individuals and international customers.
As well as basic banking services, Bank One also offers treasury services, e-commerce acquiring, terms deposits and loan services.
Pre Paid Card
Find Out If You Are Pre-Approved
FACTS & INFO
REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCOUNT SETUP:
- Personal presence is not required
- Initial deposit of $25,000
- Minimum balance is $10,000
- The account will be activated within 3-7 business days (upon receipt by the bank of all duly completed forms and relevant information)
For the Company:
A set of legalised company documents consisting of:
- Certificate of incorporation
- Memorandum and articles of association
- Documents confirming the appointment of company directors and secretary (if any)
- Document confirming the location of the registered office
- Share certificate(s)
- Certificate of good standing if the company is more than 12 months old
- Copy of the corporate structure, identifying the ultimate beneficial owner(s)
- Valid license (if applicable)
For each director, shareholder, secretary, authorised signatory and ultimate beneficial owner:
- Notarized copy of a valid passport. The passport must be signed and the signature must match the signature in the application form. The photograph must be clear and of good quality.
- Original or notarized copy of a utility bill / bank statement dated within 3 months as verification of residential address.
- Original or notarized copy of a bank reference letter, dated within 3 months.
- Power of attorney (where applicable).
- Personal CV.
For each corporate officer (where the company directors or shareholders are legal entities), please provide:
A set of legalised company documents consisting of:
- Copies of constitutional documents (certificate of incorporation, articles, etc.).
- Copy of the corporate register (which shall include register of shareholders, directors and secretary).
- Copy of the corporate structure.
- Certificate of good standing.
PLEASE NOTE:Once all documentation is available please email electronic copies to our representative for review. Incomplete or unexecuted forms can create delays in the account opening process.
IMPORTANT NOTE: LICENSABLE BUSINESS ACTIVITIES
If you conduct any activity without the required license or authorisation granted by a relevant authority in any jurisdiction, Starting Business will not be able to assist you with the company formation or bank account opening related to such unlicensed activity.
Licensable activities include, but are not limited to: provision of financial services involving trading/brokerage in foreign exchange, financial and commodity-based derivative instruments and other securities; offering investment advice to public; insurance and banking; operation and administration of collective investment schemes and mutual funds; payment processing services; money exchange, money transmission or money brokering; asset management; safe custody services; gaming, gambling and lotteries.
Please contact us if you need assistance in the licensing of your financial, Forex brokerage or gambling company.
Shipping of corporate documents or banking kits to your destination requires an extra charge and will be automatically added to your order during checkout. Shipping costs for international courier services are set automatically depending on geographic zones.
About the Bank
Bank One is a commercial bank based in Port Louis, Mauritius. The bank provides an array of banking services and products catered towards business entities, individuals and international customers. As well as basic banking services, Bank One offers treasury services, e-commerce acquiring, terms deposits and loan services.
Bank One is jointly owned by CIEL Finance Limited (Mauritius) and I&M Holdings Limited (Kenya). In 2009, Bank One was the first bank in Mauritius to offer the Visa Infinite credit card.
In 2015, it was awarded the Best Bank in E-commerce Business Risk Management by Visa.
WHAT BANK ONE OFFERS:
- Multi-currency call deposit accounts
- Term deposits in major currencies
- Internet banking
- Visa credit card and prepaid card facilities
- Treasury services
- Foreign exchange transactions
- Cross-border payments
- E-commerce acquiring services
- Escrow services
BANK TARIFFS AND CHARGES
Bank One can be considered a medium-cost bank with respect to incoming/outgoing payments and e-banking fees. The fee for incoming payments is nil. For outgoing payments the bank charge between US$30-75. The fee for using e-banking facilities is nil for personal accounts. For corporate accounts, the e-banking fee is US$9 per month for just viewing purposes and US$18 for viewing and transaction purposes.
PLEASE NOTE: Bank tariffs may be changed anytime at the sole discretion of the bank. Therefore, we suggest that you contact us or visit the bank’s website for updated details on specific fees and charges.
The Starting Business professional service fee for the assistance of bank account opening does not include any bank charges and commissions, account maintenance fees, transaction fees, initial deposit, or minimum balance.